Internet Explorer Favorites and Cookies can easily be saved to a back-up location. This will allow you to archive them or transfer them another PC. Here is a quick tutorial to get you started.
To back-up Favorites:
- Open Internet Explorer, go to File, click Import and Export:
- The Import/Export Wizard will launch. Click Next.
- From the options presented, choose: Export Favorites. Click next:
- If you only want to export a specific folder choose it, otherwise, leave the default (favorites) to export all your favorites. Click Next.
- Browse to the folder you will be using for your backup, choose open to open the folder and save to save your option. Click Next button.
- Click the Finish button to complete the Exporting Wizard.
To back-up Cookies:
- Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
- Choose Export Cookies from the options shown. Click Next.
- Follow steps 4 and 5 above.
Restoring Favorites or Cookies is as simple as running the Import/Export Wizard and choosing Import instead of Export. Browse to your back-up location, click Open, then Next.
If you'd like to save more than just your Favorites or Cookies you can use BackRex Internet Explorer Backup. It can back-up and restore Internet Explorer favorites, settings, cookies and more.